Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jake's Advice

In the last letter I received, Jake ended the letter with some advice. He said, "Spend as much time as you can with your family. I wish more than anything that I would have done that more in VA...Your family is one of the greatest gifts that Heavenly Father gave you. As you already know, family is where true happiness is and only there can you find it."

Jake is one of the best examples to me of someone who always treasures and appreciates family. He taught me a lot about the significance of family when he was here and he continues to teach me while on his mission. I don't think it was a coincidence that Jake gave me this advice in this letter, because it came at a time when I am getting ready to leave for school. His letter allowed me to stop and appreciate my family and encouraged me to treasure each day I spend with them. I think it's good advice for everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment